About the ESES
The Electronic Scientists and Engineers Society (ESES), Assam was founded in 1984 by eminent scientists and engineers as Late Prof. Paban Chandra Mahanta, the founder of the Department of Physics, Gauhati University and Late Prof. Debabrata Goswami, Principal, Assam Engineering College, Guwahati. This Society initially aimed at promotion of work culture in Electronic Science and Engineering, the most important fields of public interest. Later, the society had enlarged its scope of involvement to Scientists and Engineers of all allied disciplines. The ESES is a benevolent society surviving through donations and patronization of Scientists and Engineers.
The society also extends its activities to:
- To generate an active research environment in Electronics and Allied Fields by holding seminars, workshops and training programmes for young researchers, scientists and engineers (special reference to those from of the North East Region of India), where scopes are provided to them for presenting their research problems, and to share their ideas and thoughts with scientists/engineers of international reputes.
- To offer facilities to young person for acquiring knowledge in application of science and modern methods, to equip them for self employment and in profession.
- To offer necessary training to academically weak persons so that they are equipped with a particular skill suitable for employment in industrial and productive organizations.
- To educate and motivate young bright persons for using natural resources for setting up enterprises for meaningful livelihood.
- To create awareness to burning problems/ dissemination of knowledge in sciences so that output goes for the betterment of the society.
- To write books in Science and Engineering topics for benefits to the young student.
- To offer limited supports to the needy school students in their academic pursuits.